Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Snowy Night Air


Tonight as I reflect on who God is I am reminded that he is my shield and my strength. He is ever present and ever real, but always honest and pure. With the blanket of snow that covers the ground, I am once again reminded of the pureness of God and his might and power. The words, "He spoke and it came to be" are the pure essence of who He is. He is God. He is powerful. He is real. And He loves us. His love is beyond anything we can comprehend or imagine. The depths of His love are unreachable and the height is never ceasing.

Tonight as I was walking Zoey, I stopped and just looked at the white snow in the streets. The lights reflecting on the glaze of the quiet streets were almost chilling, but chilling in a magnificent way. No people or cars around me, just the breeze blowing in the snowy night air; it was as if the angels of God were fluttering all around me. I felt like I was standing in a dream. It was so peaceful and so quaint. And just for a moment I felt like I was provided a "small" glimpse of heaven. And for that moment life was....perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment