Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Patiently Waiting

This is my first blog post and I am so excited to start this journey. I want this to be a place where I can share with my readers and also post questions and thoughts for personal reflection. I have no way of knowing what God is up to but I am always up for adventure.

After just celebrating my 28th birthday I have been thinking a lot about my singleness! Yes, as most of my friends are walking down the aisle and saying their "I do's" I am patiently waiting on the sidelines of life for my "Mr. Right" to come along. I know that some of my friends would choose to argue that being merely 20 "something" my time has not come yet. But my struggle is exactly that. Being single in my late 20's I am constantly reminded of my singleness. I feel like the first thing people notice when I walk into a room is, "She's alone." My subconscious would also argue that this however is my underlying fear simply presenting it's self. I do believe that God has great things in store for me, however the only question I feel that is left unanswered for me right now is will I be walking it alone?

I have experienced the greatness of love and also been hurt by that same greatness. So the question remains, "If love can be so good, then how can it also be so bad?" How long must I wait?

...patiently waiting...

5 comments:

  1. Hey sweet Millie! I've been wondering how you're doing, so this will be a nice way to keep in touch... and feel like we are getting to catch up over coffee somewhere. Love you and pray that God will continue to give you peace & joy while you wait for His best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for finding me! It will be a good way to keep in touch! I have never been a huge blogger, but I think it will be a great way to share and write down my thoughts. Praying for you tonight my sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Therefore will the Lord wait, that he may be gracious unto you." We think so often that we must wait upon the Lord but now think that God is waiting for a purpose. He has a plan. I read the other day & I wish I could remember where this thought that struck me. Perhaps God has not fulfilled His promise to you yet because it is actually going to be better than what you think. This is one of my favorite quotes "Have you waited long upon the lord? For His word? For His hand? Until he speak-until he acts...and he surely will-you need not wait upon his love. Patience to wait does not come from suffering long for what we have but from sitting long in what we have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! Your comments are so tender and depict an accurate view of the Love of God. In waiting our love will be made complete and when He is ready God will fulfill that to which he promises! Thanks Liz!!

    ReplyDelete